Back to Contests and Giveaways

runeowl (#2)
Icon
Scholar Scribe • Co-Founder
I, for one, like Roman Numerals.
February 28th, 2017 10:45:20 PM
Skin of the Month Contest
Life Festival 2017

Novilar is now hosting a new Skin of the Month contest! Each month, artists can create normal or deluxe skin(s) on the given pet base for a chance to win 6 crystals and a unique artist icon. The winner, selected from the submissions by staff, will also receive two copies of their skin (free of any upload fee)! The winning skin will be sold for gold coins or made into a universal craftable recipe until the end of the month, after which it will be removed from shops / crafting and permanently retired.

This round's theme: Glorified

We are all familiar with the Corrupted Pets... but what if the opposite was possible? What if instead of being overtaken by the corruption, a pet was blessed by the Life Raven and shifted into a new 'glorified' form? This month, you can make your skin(s) on any of the pet species, as long as it's inspired by this theme! 

The Winner will receive: 
  • 6 Crystals 
  • Two free copies of the winning skin
  • A Contest-Exclusive Artist Icon (pictured below)
Skins for this round can be submitted until March 31st at approximately midnight server time. You may submit your entry by commenting on this thread. Please provide a clean, transparent 600 x 525 .png image of your skin entry, and if you would like, one with a pet modeling your skin (especially if the skin is only an accent piece). 

Rules

Each month's skin contest is run the month before it is released, so players will have all of March to work on their skins. You may submit any basic or deluxe skin on any Species Base (which can be downloaded from this page). Any skins you submit must have been made by you, follow all site rules, and be free of any copyrighted materials. You can have made the skin at any time, but your contest entry is not allowed to have been accepted onsite previously (or sold in your Skins Shop). The contest entries must be original in that they do not already exist as a skin on-site.   

This post was edited February 28th, 2017 11:10:26 PM

runeowl (#2)
Icon
February 28th, 2017 10:46:17 PM
You are now free to post!

This post was edited February 28th, 2017 11:11:01 PM

Werewoofer (#2306)
Icon
Apprentice Mage
March 2nd, 2017 11:41:04 PM
Here's mine--a Life-blessed Alligator! I wanted to go "opposite" of the Corrupt Alligator.

?
Here's Gecko modeling it, and Prelude modeling it, for a background!
?
the helmet's supposed to be a silver helmet kinda like egyptian gods' masks. I'm not sure how much I should/can talk about my ideas and inspirations so i'll leave it there!

Acorn (#1708)
Icon
Scholar Adventurer • Mod
"when the oak tree is felled, the whole forest echoes with it, but a hundred acorns are planted silently by an unnoticed breeze"
March 12th, 2017 7:30:51 AM
@Werewoofer  @comedic  Wow guys, absolutely awesome designs! Definitely going to be hard choosing a winner, I'd be happy with either one of these becoming official!

@runeowl
I'm not too certain if this is already explained elsewhere, I hope you don't mind me asking in here! Are we able to alter the lines of the template to help fit our designs?

runeowl (#2)
Icon
March 12th, 2017 12:49:58 PM
@Acorn - I'm happy to help! You're allowed to make Deluxe Skins for the contest, which allow for lineart edits! See Comedic's submission as a good example of a deluxe skin - they changed the legs and tail of the wolf, but you can even go far beyond that ^_^ I'm happy to answer any more questions here or via PM, if you want a pre-approval on a work in progress. 

comedic (#1345)
Icon
Senior Philosopher
Welcome to the Weenie Roast!
March 26th, 2017 10:31:52 AM
I feel kind of... Bad, now, in submitting this, because AisDereth before me created a similar idea, but I have worked hard on this skin and I hope the minor redundancy is okay! -hugs Ais-
?
This glorified otter has been blessed with the potential to explore its ocean home so much further! 

??

runeowl (#2)
Icon
March 26th, 2017 10:40:09 AM
No worries at all, they're both totally unique and you posted them at almost the same time X)

This thread has been locked