Life Festival - Writing Contest

Back to Contests and Giveaways

runeowl (#2)
Icon
Scholar Scribe • Co-Founder
I, for one, like Roman Numerals.
March 28th, 2017 8:47:09 PM
Life Festival // Writing Contest
Grab your pencils or keyboards and get creative! For this contest, you may choose one of the three given prompts, and write a scene or short story set in the world of Novilar. You may write from the perspective of anyone – your human avatar, one of your pets, a Guardian, or even one of the shopkeeper NPCs! 

Rules: You may enter up to three entries, one for each prompt, but you can only win once. The contest will end on April 30th at noon server time, and the entries will be judged and announced by May 2nd. Your entry must respect all Novilar rules and forum etiquette. Your story's word count will not affect your chances of winning – all story lengths will be judged equally.

How to enter: Please make a new original post under the Contests forum thread with your completed entry. You may format this post however you would like, but make sure the title of your post is (YourUsername // Writing Contest). Then, make a comment on this thread below to link staff to your entry - the first post on this thread is an example and will show you how to format this post! Entries without BOTH of these posts will not be able to be judged, so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Rewards: Two winners will each receive a golden Writing Trophy for their profile (pictured above) and 6 crystals of premium currency! Winners can be chosen out of any of the given writing prompts.

/ / / / / / / / / / 

Prompt One: Encountering a Guardian (We are all familiar with meeting the Guardians at their Altars... imagine encountering one outside of ordinary or expected circumstances!) 

Prompt Two: A Day in the Life Of (Imagine an average day, or even just a moment, in Novilar from the perspective of any canon or original character!)

Prompt Three: Romance in Novilar (Someone has a crush! But who? Write out your own secret Novilar OTP) 

This post was edited April 27th, 2017 4:13:46 PM

runeowl (#2)
Icon
Scholar Scribe • Co-Founder
I, for one, like Roman Numerals.
March 28th, 2017 8:49:20 PM
(example submission post) 

Username: runeowl 
Prompt: A Day In The Life Of 
Story Link: (link to the post where staff can read your entry!)

AConfusedWaffle (#2602)
Icon
Scholar Philosopher
April 8th, 2017 7:46:30 PM
I'm just going to write the stories here haha

Username: AConfusedWaffle
Prompt: A Rare  Day in the Life of the Forest and Encountring a Guardian
Story Link: Just going to type it here

This was no ordinary corrupted wolf... it has pulsing violet crystals that oozed purple tar. The crystals punctured through its skin and bone. A drop of the tar-like goo fell softly on the forest floor as the soft grass crumpled up, turning crisp as someone set fire it. What was a wolf doing here?! This is the forest... they belong in the mountains! The wolf lurched closer, your pet lions ears tucked to the back of its mane, a low growl echoed from their throat. You backed away slowly as the wolf lurched forward at your, baring its rotting teeth. As soon as the wolf barked you darted out of the forest, whistling for your lion to follow. Your lion was lagging behind, after all you were exploring for hours. You heard a sharp yelp as your lion had a look of fear and pain on his face. The wolf's jaws were locked on to your lions tail... Droplets of the goo suddenly poisoned your lion... its skin falling off only revealing bone and fire... this wolf was corrupting your lion! Soon your lion was focused on you.... it dared to quench its bloodthirst... the wolf disappeared into the shadows... its deed was done but the lion still had to finish his quest... the lion you once knew as an ally was a symbol of death now... as it charged towards you, burning the grass behind it something darted from the sky, sacrificing their life just to save you! You saw that the bird was cloudlike... a guardian! A tidal wave of relief hit you... but then regret. You had to save the guardian. You darted over, a purification crystal in hand. You tackled your lion... face to face smashing the skull of your lion with the crystal. You hopped off of the broken lion quickly. It lay lifeless... but its color restoring slowly... You thanked the guardian before it left... some of the clouds on its tail was singed... whoops... you lie down against a tree trying to calm yourself down... you black out, due to exhaustion. Waking up in your small cabin with your lion beside you. Was it a dream...? Or was it a beginning to a new threat?

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
Master Tailor • Moderator
Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.
April 22nd, 2017 1:54:57 PM
Here it is?

Username: Poptarts
Prompt: Encountering a Guardian~

Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.

Neko (#2598)
Icon
Master Tailor
Rice is good.
April 22nd, 2017 5:09:11 PM
Username: Nekoran
Prompt: Encountering a Guardian
Story Link: I am very sorry
>(^..^)<
Prompt 2: A Day In The Life Of 
Story LinkI Tried

This post was edited April 27th, 2017 9:01:56 PM

Neko | UTC (-5:00) | Ping me @2598 | Discord @ℕ???#0052

ilovepups127 (#2214)
Icon
Apprentice Artisan
You Choose The Way You Look, See, And Think.
April 22nd, 2017 9:11:06 PM
Username: ilovepups127 
Prompt: Romance in Novilar
Story Link: https://www.novilar.com/forum/thread/1189

sorry its so bad lol

StormsAndWolves (#1890)
Icon
Scholar Artisan
"I actually have a collection of quotes but I never update it. For the 'why nots', ya know? This is one of them."
April 25th, 2017 7:22:37 PM
Username: StormsAndWolves 
Prompt: Encountering a Guardian
Story Link:D
Bfksndlsncosnxj this sucks but oh well lol

This post was edited April 25th, 2017 7:23:28 PM

QueenSairai (#1548)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
I like snakes!
April 26th, 2017 12:56:28 AM
Username: QueenSairai
Prompt: Encountering A Guardian(AKA why I have the snake that I have)
Story Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_CygzU8mTUBzkpjpyFkNqMLJWmoc1X-doc_-DABQsX8/edit?usp=sharing

I like snakes, fantasy, and of course, secrets. I accept all friend requests and have read almost all popular fantasy books. Happy to talk!

This thread has been locked