The Alchemists' Logbook

Viewing thread in Alchemist's Council

Angharad (#389)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
Total Posts: 16
A place to share your alchemical successes and failures!

Has anyone managed to get the Experimenter achievement yet?

2 years ago on September 20, 2016 14:52

cadexn (#14)
Icon
Scholar Merchant
Total Posts: 32
We should list down the combinations we've tried and work together on finding one!

So far I have tried:

Pumpkin + Carving Knife on Crafting Table = Arcane Goo.

I thought it would work >.<

2 years ago on September 20, 2016 15:29

Angharad (#389)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
Aw that would have been great if it had worked!

I tried adding yellow, blue, crimson and violet wildflowers together on the crafting table. I was hoping to make a flower crown. It didn't work though. :(

I also noticed that the cruciple can apparently be used to make glass, so I tried putting sand in it. That didn't work either. Maybe if I tried sand + bottled lightning?

2 years ago on September 20, 2016 15:55

SeaCrest (#403)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
Total Posts: 44
Apparently things have to be entered in a specific order. I put 1x Common Purity Potion and 1x Corrupted Crystal with the Crafting Table and got Goo, even though all the ingredients were correct...I'm waiting on my Table to get off of its imaginary cooldown (that bug is seriously annoying...) before I try them in the CORRECT order lol

EDIT: Confirmed, the order of things is very important x.x This really is going to make figuring out recipes difficult!

2 years ago on September 20, 2016 19:13

cadexn (#14)
Icon
Scholar Merchant
Total Posts: 32
would easily triple or quadruple the difficulty in finding new recipes >.<

2 years ago on September 21, 2016 08:32

Angharad (#389)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
I figure that combining ingredients of the same colour would probably make a paste of that colour, like with green paste. Not knowing the correct order definitely makes that trickier though.

2 years ago on September 21, 2016 14:05

SeaCrest (#403)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
Total Posts: 44
I've made a Google Spreadsheet for my own use, if anyone is interested in taking a look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wWNLEjs3SL_UhnsRYM1NuMXgdBjjnSnbpw493uBSpic/edit?usp=sharing

I'll be updating it whenever I find new recipes, so if you have recipes to share, let me know! I might make a thread somewhere for people to contribute recipes if it gets big enough haha

2 years ago on September 21, 2016 18:19

Angharad (#389)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
Awesome, thanks!

2 years ago on September 21, 2016 20:24

Emerald (#412)
Icon
Scholar Hunter
Total Posts: 6
Has anyone tried adding water to clay? I'd do it, but my items are currently on a cooldown. I was thinking pure water + clay in mortar and pestle. The reason I think this would work is clay's description: Some water might help soften this up into something you can work with
I tried putting clay in the crucible, thought it would make a pot or something, but it didn't work.

EDIT: Clay+pure water in mortar and pestle didn't work. I'll try switching the order
Clay+brackish water on table didn't work either

2 years ago on September 23, 2016 18:02

Pippypip20 (#630)
Icon
Apprentice Alchemist
Total Posts: 20
Still trying to get money to buy that other thing and finish the tutorial >_> any tips?

2 years ago on September 25, 2016 04:13

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!