Official Novilar Styles

Viewing thread in Official Announcements

Antimoany (#3821)
Icon
Master Artisan
Community Moderator
Total Posts: 117

If you're frustrated with the design of the site, see if one (or both) of these styles helps!

Nightmode

A darker visual theme, this changes nothing but the colours of the site and makes use of the existing dark background image. Currently the only available sidebar image is Alligator, and certain elements of the theme have been coloured to suit that; later on, the theme will feature any of the guardians, according to user preference. Of course, this doesn't stop you from changing the image yourself if you so desire!

Compact Mode
This theme reduces whitespace and removes or shrinks header images - most notably, it currently completely removes shopkeepers in the interest of saving space. While this will be reworked later, the theme is fully functional in its current state. Useful if you dislike scrolling or have a short monitor!

Known issues: 1) Causes a slight misalignment in the map image, making it difficult to click the desired location. The links below the map are unaffected.

How to use these styles

1) Install Stylus. If you don't already have it, Stylus is a browser extension that allows users to inject CSS into websites on the client-side. It's very useful, as it has a built-in interface for managing styles (including quickly turning a style off or on without even needing to refresh the page) and even creating your own; but you don't strictly need it to install a userstyle if you don't want to. It isn't really possible to install a userstyle without a browser extension, and your practical choices are either Stylus or Greasemonkey. If this doesn't matter to you, Stylus is the easier choice.

2) Click "install style" on the style's page or, if you don't want to use Stylus, copy the CSS and write a new Greasmonkey script, pasting the full CSS into it.

Do these styles not do what you wanted?

Let me know! If it's possible, I'll create a new style to render the site more usable for you - whether you have accessibility issues or just really want everything to be hot pink.

This post was edited at March 31, 2019 13:56

I'm a volunteer moderator and would be happy to help you out with anything you need.
Custom pets and skins

9 months ago on September 24, 2018 06:44

Antimoany (#3821)
Icon
Master Artisan
Community Moderator

As a small, and very late update, both scripts have been fixed to better co-ordinate with some of the minor design changes the site has seen over the past months. Most notably, the compact mode no longer offsets the entire site out of view, and forum threads are once again dark in nightmode.

I'm a volunteer moderator and would be happy to help you out with anything you need.
Custom pets and skins

5 months ago on February 16, 2019 15:02

Antimoany (#3821)
Icon
Master Artisan
Community Moderator

Further updates - mostly minor tweaks to fix a few oddities in both styles, and for Compact Mode a fix to the width issue once and for all (not my doing, the site's width is now responsive by default).

Custom pets and skins

3 months ago on March 31, 2019 13:57

Antimoany (#3821)
Icon
Master Artisan
Community Moderator

An incredibly small update to make the rather bright panel headers less shocking in nightmode.

Custom pets and skins

3 months ago on April 04, 2019 00:03

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!