Issue with new quest feature

Viewing thread in Bug Reporting

shoegaze (#5225)
Icon
Master Adventurer
Total Posts: 15

I've been having two issues since the new questing format was released, and I didn't see any other similar reports.

Right now my adventure log says I have no quests, despite having quests left over from yesterday. When I go to the altar from which I got the quest, the same incomplete quest comes up (I can access it from the altar, but not the adventure log). I collected the items and went back, but when I tried to turn it in it redirected to an error saying that I had no quests. Essentially, it seems to be stuck in a cycle where I can't access the continuous quests or get rid of them. 

Second, when I can actually access quests (on the same day when I start them), I can't delete them. When I hit the "Abandon Quest" button it will refresh, but no money is gone from my account and the quest has not been removed. 

Both these things are happening across multiple computers and I don't think there's anything to be done from my end besides report the issue. Thanks in advance!

3 months ago on December 05, 2018 15:56

CafeSoulmates (#5415)
Icon
Apprentice Hunter
Total Posts: 2

I'm having this exact same issue.

3 months ago on December 07, 2018 02:57

Deosiala (#5419)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist
Total Posts: 2

Same issue here. I wonder if it has to do with the new questing format?

3 months ago on December 10, 2018 12:46

SnailMuffin (#5116)
Icon
Master Tailor
Total Posts: 6

I'm having the same issue.  Sometimes, instead of giving me the "You have no quests" text, I just get booted to the altar.  Wolf's asked for 2 things of grey slime, I tried to hand it over, but nothing happened.  At least the items aren't lost?

3 months ago on December 10, 2018 14:15

Inspire (#5277)
Icon
Scholar Philosopher
Total Posts: 27

Getting the same "You have no quest!" error as everyone else, it was quite surprising to say I must admit, hahaha. 

3 months ago on December 11, 2018 23:55

LadyCregga (#5463)
Icon
Master Keeper
Total Posts: 327

Same here. That's why I cannot give 3 Lichen to the Alligator Guardian. When I check the quests page, the quest is not even listed. I don't think I'll be able to do another Alligator Guardian quest unless the issue is resolved. Abandoning the quest, even though I have the fund to cancel the quest, is not possible at the moment.

When I checked the Adventure Log, the option to Abandon Quest is not there. Looks like I may be permanently stuck with the Alligator Guardian's broken fetch quest until after the holidays.

*EDIT* Now I'm having the same problem with the Wolf Guardian. That makes two quests that I cannot "Turn In" or "Abandon". 

2 months ago on December 24, 2018 19:31

LadyCregga (#5463)
Icon
Master Keeper
Total Posts: 327

Sorry for posting a second time!

It seems the way the quest system is coded and if you did not manage to complete or abandon a Guardian's quest and more than 24 hours have passed without either of the actions, the quest(s) in question disappear from the Adventure Log, so it's because the incomplete quests get stuck in limbo that you're unable to abandon a quest.

Nor can you turn in a quest with the correct items because the "You have no quests!" page comes up, and if it gets to the point that you can't complete any Guardians' quests because of the error, the affected user accounts will never complete any more quests until the issue is resolved.

2 months ago on December 26, 2018 16:43

Digital (#3053)
Icon
Master Tailor
Admin
Total Posts: 169

Please take a look now, all active quests should now be on your adventure log. The little mystical gnomes were getting lazy about writing all the quests down you collected, they have been reprimanded and put back to work appropriately.

2 months ago on December 30, 2018 13:30

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!