Revamp Suggestions

Viewing thread in Suggestions

princepoke (#5409)
Icon
Apprentice Artisan
Total Posts: 6

Are there any items, apparel, designs, or aesthetic aspect of the site you think does not fit with the current style of Novilar, or could use some sprucing up as we grow?

Post your recommendations for revamping here!

5 months ago on December 23, 2018 03:33

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
Total Posts: 445

I think the dress shirts, riding jackets, shirt combos, and any other shirt items that have detail on the chest (like the silver blouse) could use a second look!
The items always looked a little "off" to me in alignment once they're on the avatars. For example, the ties on the dress shirts don't look 100% natural in terms of their shape and where on the avatar they're positioned, and the blouses look off-kilter too.

5 months ago on December 23, 2018 09:48

Neko (#2598)
Icon
Master Tailor
Total Posts: 182

Agree with Owl about some of the avatar apparel art needing a revamp!

I've also noticed certain avatar clothing items don't 'stack' on top of each other properly (for example, wearing a flowing blue cape + cuddly eel, or staff + wings...). Not sure if that can be fixed up with an art revamp though, just putting it out there.

Neko | UTC (-5:00) | Ping me @2598 | Discord @ℕ𝕖𝕜𝕠#0052

5 months ago on December 23, 2018 16:01

AisDareth (#2307)
Icon
Master Merchant
Total Posts: 79

HONESTLY I THNK THE WHOLE AVI BASE NEEDS REVAMPING ;_; The neck is too far forward, the shoulders are slouching a bit, and it just... hurts to look at ;_; It makes me want to go get a chiropractic adjustment.

It looks like the shading on the neck/jaw has been revised a bit??? Or is that just my imagination?

edit: also I think Bottled Lightning is looking a little rusty :o

This post was edited at December 24, 2018 19:48

ART THREADS: Only draw pets with colored bg's please! Come chat in Discord!

5 months ago on December 24, 2018 09:38

LadyCregga (#5463)
Icon
Master Keeper
Total Posts: 502

How about a second way to turn in Animal Guardian quests straight from the Adventure Log page via "Go to Altar and Turn In Quest" button? And making quests that exceed the 24-hour window of completing them still eligible for abandonment or completion?

With the way the game has been coded, I have not been able of turn in quests or abandon them for a new quest (after the 1-hour cooldown), for the past couple of days.

If other users are likely experiencing this problem, then the only way they may receive rewards through the animal guardians is by offering up a Life Feather or a Death Feather, and sometimes players may not be carrying the feathers.

5 months ago on December 27, 2018 09:33

princepoke (#5409)
Icon
Apprentice Artisan
Total Posts: 6

Clothing suggestions have been noted! I personally do think howveer it might be better to release new items perhaps since certain users might prefer a specific item because of the way it layers/hides, etc., but I'll definitely discuss that with Digital nevertheless! ^^ We'll definitely be releasing more apparel as time passes though I'm sure, so hopefully  we'll be able to release some good clothes that will fit good!
Regarding the layering, I do believe that's a bit on the coding side with something like a "back" or "front"layering aspect to the items, but will definitely try to look at the items and see options we have of optimizing the way they layer in the artistic side!

@AisDareth(#2307) The HAs were very recently revamped actually! The nose disappearance act was (behind the scenes ;-) ) related to that actually, and the current HAs we have have been remastered! (You can check out the new shade/anatomy by going into your wardrobe, and checking the options in "Change your avatar's appearance"!)
I couldn't change any part of the lineart such as the shoulders or the neck in order to keep em compatible with the HA items we currently already have, but have worked my best to spazz up the base! ^^

@LadyCregga(#5463) I unfortunately cannot adjust those options through the aesthetics side of things, but I believe the 24-hour window completion error is a glitch that has been mentioned before. I do think the idea of streamlining quest submissions is a great suggestion though, and recommend you to post a new thread here in the suggestions thread for it, so it can get seen by the right people! ^^

Thank you so much for the replies everyone! Very excited to hear back from y'all so we can improve the experience!! aa

5 months ago on December 29, 2018 02:20

LadyCregga (#5463)
Icon
Master Keeper

I am surprised no one suggested an ability to move from one terrain area of Novilar to another without returning to the Adventure screen yet. I understand if the way the system is coded, it's not possible without exiting the Desert, Tundra, River, Skies, or elsewhere by going to any of the other linked pages (like the Alchemy and Alchemy Lab sections), but it would be nice to have an ability to encounter a signpost in your journeys that will take you to where you really want to go if taking so many steps in let's say...the Forest isn't ideal.

So it wouldn't be a wasted step, the signpost with location options would give players a chance to discover a Corrupted Pet chance encounter, gold coins, a Minipet, one or more various items in some kind of treasure chest, a random event, Life or Death feathers, clothing, food, an exclusive quest from a NPC with larger rewards than a random event discovery, your active recovering hunger by finding food, another signpost listing what terrains to explore next, or an option to trade items/coins to a mysterious stranger NPC.

4 months ago on January 18, 2019 14:46

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
Total Posts: 445

@LadyCregga(#5463) Poke is our artist, so I believe this thread in particular is for things that Poke can do. Things that are on the coding side of things should be placed in a different area of the Suggestions board. c:

4 months ago on January 25, 2019 21:31

LadyCregga (#5463)
Icon
Master Keeper

Has clown attire and makeup for the pets have been suggested yet? It would be nice to see the pets wear bright round, red noses (or some other color).

I wouldn't mind clown outfits for human avatars. Something with polka-dot patterns, frills, white gloves, and long shoes.

I know the dyes have a purpose, but they can be used as ingredients for white clown makeup, and other colors for markings you would find on a clown (teardrops, stars, etc). On another related note, the clown makeup, or any makeup for human avatars and pets, must be respectful for all cultures.

3 months ago on March 08, 2019 11:02

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!