How to answer "why are you submitting" for contest

Viewing thread in Help and Guides

TheStoryTeller (#1642)
Icon
Master Adventurer
Total Posts: 58

I don't understand what is meant by the question we are asked before we submit a contest entry. Are we supposed to explain how the pet/avatar fit the theme, or are we supposed to give our motives for entering in the first place? i.e. for fun, for the prize, ect.

2 weeks ago on October 27, 2019 10:54

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
Master Tailor
Total Posts: 261

This question perplexes me as well. If it is to win a prize. Usually I say something along the lines of. "It is free." "I like free" "Free is for me" etc.

I mean if there was no prize in return I am sure there would not be that many entries since everyone's true motive is to be lucky enough to win the prize(s).

So I usually write my motives. (Referring to Chickensmoothie, I enter raffles/giveaways all the time without a meaningful reason aside from knowing I have a potential of getting the pet for free, sometimes I truly do want the pet)

If you are referring to the current contest going on, you can say whatever you want in the box. Describe your intentions, describe the pet, or both if you would like or do both. Describing how it fits the theme is nice if you feel it does not represent the theme unless explained. :) Personally I do not judge against those who do not provide a reason if they do not have one. ^-^ Though other staff that help judge the contest may have their own preferences in what they seek since everyone has different likes and dislikes. :3

@TheStoryTeller(#1642) 

This post was edited at October 29, 2019 04:56

Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.
2 weeks ago on October 29, 2019 04:39

TheStoryTeller (#1642)
Icon
Master Adventurer
Total Posts: 58

@Poptarts(#2281) Thank you for the reply! My first instinct was to describe why I thought what I was submitting fit the theme, since I assumed it was obvious that we'd hope to get the prize. I guess some people would enter anyway just for fun. But that also seems too obvious to require an explanation. But I still wasn't sure if that seemingly obvious explanation was required, and so I kinda wanted to both explain my motivations and also why I thought I my submission fit the theme, but that seemed kinda confusing and unnescessary, so I was worried it would be too much I guess. It helps a lot to know I can just say that I want the prize or just to haev fun or whatever, it would ahve been emparasing to type that if explaining something else was what was actually required. Ah, but after posting this, I forgot about the Haloween contest so I didn't actually get a chance to enter, but for the next contest, I'll know what to say, so thank you!

1 week ago on November 01, 2019 03:12

Digital (#3053)
Icon
Master Tailor
Admin
Total Posts: 179

The field in the contests is to allow anyone submitting a skin to leave a comment for the staff to read when reviewing the entry. It gives you a way to explain or clarify. It is not something that will help or hurt your chances, but to allow a comment to the reviewers. :) Hope that helps!

1 week ago on November 02, 2019 20:30

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
Master Tailor
Total Posts: 261

@TheStoryTeller(#1642) 

There is a contest going on for November at least! :) Glad we could help you understand things better. If you have any more questions in the future feel free to send a mod a private message or use the mod box. 

Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.
1 week ago on November 03, 2019 20:30

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!