Recipes

Back to Hunter's League

Hallon (#6594)
Icon
Scholar Hunter
Tea is better than coffee. Fight me.
January 24th, 2020 8:08:21 AM

Hello fellow Hunters!

I started playing just a couple of days ago and am still stuck as an apprentice Hunter. Thus, I believe I have many recipes to unluck as I progress through the profession stages.

The people who have progressed further, what kind of recipes do I have to look forward to learning? Please feel free to list them here! It might be helpful to have our specific crafting possibilities collected in one place. :)

Hunter specific recipes:

Apprentice level:

• Cherry Ornate Corset
    • 5x Rib Bones
    • 5x Cotton
    • 5x Leaf on the Wind
    • 2x Leek
    • Crafting Table

Scholar level:

• Cherry Heavy Scarf
    • 5x Fern
    • 5x Cotton
    • 5x Leaf Bug
    • 1x River Stone
    • 1x Shark Tooth
    • Crucible

This post was edited January 25th, 2020 4:26:10 PM

Antimoany (#3821)
Icon
Scholar Alchemist • Moderator
Writing suggestion threads is my hobby
January 25th, 2020 11:00:32 AM

Looks like you made it to Scholar! Chances are, you're in the best position to list Hunter recipes as you discover them. I was working my way through all professions in order to unlock every recipe, but I took a long break from novilar and thus haven't hit Hunter yet.

I'm a volunteer moderator and would be happy to help you out with anything you need.
Custom pets and skins

Hallon (#6594)
Icon
Scholar Hunter
January 25th, 2020 4:21:11 PM

@Antimoany(#3821) I did, late yesterday! :) I'm very happy about that, because I needed to make 3 Pure Luck for a quest, and I needed to become a Scholar to be able to craft them on my own.

I have only found two recipes that are unique to Hunters so far. Although, maybe we only get one per level? I feel like maybe the differences between what the professions can do are pretty slim.

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
Terris has destroyed this site again. It's not worth your time anymore.
January 25th, 2020 4:36:44 PM

@Hallon(#6594) Definitely don't give Pure Lucks for quests! The rewards are never worth the cost of a Pure Luck. It's better to cancel that quest (free) and wait an hour to get a new one.

Hallon (#6594)
Icon
Scholar Hunter
January 25th, 2020 4:44:55 PM

@Owl(#37) Oh really? I've gotten totems as rewards for quests before though. Are they not worth more than 3 Pure Luck?

... what do I even use Pure Luck for then? The only use listed on the item is that I can use it to make Fertility Brew.

Edit: Cancelling the quest costs 1000 Gold. Is it worth paying that to abandon it? I have everything needed to just complete it instead.

This post was edited January 25th, 2020 4:55:32 PM

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
January 25th, 2020 5:09:15 PM

@Hallon(#6594) Oops, sorry about the quest fee mistake. (I haven't quested regularly in too long apparently. Dx) Still worth cancelling though. Fertility Brews from the npc shop costs 5,000 gold each. Fertility Brews aren't even worth crafting because the ingredients for that recipe are not cheap in themselves.

The whole crafting system is not great right now. It's one of the things that will get fixed eventually under new management. Maybe not a top-5 priority (there's a lot that needs to be adjusted and fixed about the site), but definitely on the to-do list. c:

EDIT: Pure Lucks are rather useful outside of crafting. Most things on this site are useless outside of crafting and quest requirements, but Pure Lucks are just too resource-intensive to be worth giving up 1, let alone 3, for a single quest. You can get totems from quests, but the other rewards aren't worth enough to take the risk.

This post was edited January 25th, 2020 5:10:51 PM

Hallon (#6594)
Icon
Scholar Hunter
January 25th, 2020 5:18:32 PM

@Owl(#37) Haha, it's fine. :) Can't keep track of everything, and the site warned me very clearly of the abandonment fee, so it's not like I was in any danger of being misled.

So, I've cancelled the quest, taking your word for it. :) But what do I do with my Pure Lucks? You said they are useful, but I'm not sure what I can use them for?

Also, are there other crafting items I shouldn't give away in quests? I have one that wants me to trade in a Tacky Glue. Is that also something I should keep for myself?

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
January 25th, 2020 5:30:23 PM

@Hallon(#6594) Oof, I need to re-read my posts more carefully before posting them. That was a major typo of mine there! I meant to write that Pure Lucks are not  rather useful. Sorry about that! D:

Tacky Glue is an item you can buy from NPC shops (General Store, I believe), so items like that depend mostly on if you think the reward will likely be more than the cost of the quest items. Tacky Glue, for example, is 3k each from the General Store. If you get gold as a quest reward, it likely won't be that much. Bags of Coins usually give 1-2.5k each at most, so you're still not re-couping the cost from those either. Cache of Items is all dependent on how much the RNG Gods like you at the given moment you open it, so you might just get two Green Apples or something, which clearly wouldn't be worth 3k either.

Tacky Glue in crafting, however, can be useful sometimes. If you ever want to know information on a site item, type the item's name into the search bar on the top-right of all pages underneath your username and on-hand currency (next to the site clock). That search is only for information and isn't a market search, but if you hover over the item's picture in that search result, you can see a list of recipes it's used in. That's in addition to the other information you can find there. ^_^

Hallon (#6594)
Icon
Scholar Hunter
January 25th, 2020 5:37:50 PM

@Owl(#37) I have found and used the search function. :D It's been pretty useful to me so far, since I didn't always know where to explore to find certain resources for the quests.

I don't buy the things needed for quests in the shops if I can craft them instead, does that make them more worth completing? I mean, I get both the profession experience, don't pay any gold for them and get the quest reward at the end. I feel like that is the more worthwhile way to go about it? The Tacky Glue for example, I can craft on my own (I even have it crafted already, ready to go). While I agree that the crafting system could get streamlined and expanded, it also seems necessary since that is the only(?) way of progressing the profession level (right?).

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
January 25th, 2020 5:49:01 PM

@Hallon(#6594) It could make it more worth it for some things, but in the case of the Tacky Glue it absolutely doesn't. Tacky Glue requires Grey Slime to make, and Grey Slime requires TWO eels. Eels are not an easy find from explore (I've never had a good time trying to find eels), so needing two of them for just a component of something that's a component itself of Tacky Glue makes Tacky Glue a "pricey" item even just through crafting.

As far as profession level goes, yes. Crafting is absolutely necessary to increase your profession level. The only things having a higher profession level help with right now are access to more recipes and crafting tools. (Fun fact: your user level is separate from your profession level, but user levels are currently broken as heck and are pretty much just a pretty number at this point. Yet another thing on the to-do list for the new owner. XD)

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!