June 2020: Skin Artistry Contest

Back to Contests and Giveaways

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
Master Tailor • Moderator
Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.
June 1st, 2020 7:30:32 AM

Welcome to Junes Novilar's Skin Artistry Contest, we hope you all are staying safe. :)

Each month players are invited to create a normal or deluxe skin for a Novilar pet species utilizing that month's theme. The winning skin(s) will be sold for gold in an official Novilar shop the next month either as a ready-to-go skin or as a universally craftable recipe. After a month of circulation, they will be removed from the shops and get to enjoy a temporary retirement.

To enter your skin in this month's contest, post your complete entries on this thread.
A complete entry must:
- be saved in .png format
- include the skin as a clean image on a transparent 600px x 525px canvas
- include a relevant and custom item icon (using the provided circular icon template)

Your entry may include your skin modeled on a pet (particularly useful for accent-style skins), but this is not required.

This round's theme: Fruit (For Lions)

Entries will be judged by three elements of their design:
- the creativity of the skin's design
- the design's relevance to the theme
- the quality of the submitted skin

Deadline: June 25th at 11:59:59pm Novilar Time

Prize: 10 Crystals + 2 free copies of your winning skin

Rules:
1. You may submit up to two (2) entries per round. Please use a separate post for each entry.
2. All entries must have been created by you.
3. All entries must follow all site rules, including not infringing on any copyrights.
4. All entries must be original. You cannot enter a skin that already exists on Novilar.
5. This thread is for entries, not conversation. If you have any questions, please contact staff via the modbox or direct messages.

Wolfie (#6626)
Icon
Senior Hunter
what is a shout
June 1st, 2020 3:53:10 PM

Dimorphic strawberry lion skin! If dimortphism isn't allowed in these I'm sorry, I can make it male-only.

This post was edited June 1st, 2020 6:37:21 PM

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
June 2nd, 2020 6:34:27 AM

Dimorphism is allowed. :) 

PepperMint (#1911)
Icon
Master Adventurer
dappervolk is here so i'll be online a lot less, but i'll try to reply to messages asap <3
June 2nd, 2020 11:06:26 PM

my favourite method when creating concepts is absolute chaos.

A banner depicting a digital drawing of my avatar, with the text: Pepper, they/them, INFJ

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
July 2nd, 2020 7:15:02 AM

Apologies for the late response to the winner. Getting an EEG done so am a bit slow.

But congratulations to @Wolfie(#6626) for winning the contest. Crystals and copies of your skin will be sent to you shortly. :) Your skin will be found uploaded to the Festival Stall for the month of July.

Runner Ups:

@PepperMint(#1911)

@laggingbehindreality(#6463) 

This thread has been locked