August 2020 (Writing Contest)

Back to Contests and Giveaways

Poptarts (#2281)
Icon
Master Tailor • Moderator
Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.
August 1st, 2020 8:11:34 AM

We would like to change up the contests from our traditional ones. So we would like to introduce you to a writing contest! The prompt is your avatars first thoughts of being summoned to the world of Novilar. You are not limited to just writing a story, you can write a haiku, diary entry, poem and other forms of creative writing. The prize will be 5 crystals. 

Rules: 

1. Keep things Novilar Appropriate.

2. If you have any questions please direct them to private message, contract a staff or discord. 

3. Please do not hold conversations with other players on here. If you want to talk, private message each other. 

Prompt: You are summoned to the world of Novilar through the portal, upon waking up what are your thoughts and experiences of being in this strange new world. 

Deadline: August 31st 11:59pm

Prize: 

1st place: 5 crystals

2nd place 1 Crystal

3rd place: 1 Interspecies potion

This post was edited August 1st, 2020 8:37:19 AM

Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.

kenyan (#7230)
Icon
Apprentice Keeper
Sea and the rock below Cocked to the undertow
August 11th, 2020 12:51:23 PM

You are summoned to the world of Novilar through the portal, upon waking up what are your thoughts and experiences of being in this strange new world. 

Waking up in a village, not one that I recognize, a whole different world to be exact. It makes me wonder, and leaves a very confused expression on my face. Suddenly, I am greeted by something... or someone? 

"Hello. Please, choose a guardian in which will help you on your way." -Strange figure

"A guardian? What do I need help for?" -Me

"Hush now, there is a list of guardians you can choose from, they even have a note with a description for each of them. I know it's all exciting and confusing, but someone else will be on their way to show you around. For now, pick one that best suits you." -Strange figure

I'm so confused, what is this place? Am I stuck here forever, is it all just a dream? I'm freaking out , will I ever be able to go back? Am I just terrified? This must be a dream, don't let it fool you! For now just pick one, it'll be okay, I'll wake up soon.

"I've picked the wolf guardian." -Me

"That's a good choise, very wise. As I said previously another being will be here shortly." -Strange figure

All these things are happening so suddenly, is it really a dream? No no! It must be a dream...

"Hello, I am here to help you summon your guardian." -Lady

"Oh, summon my guardian? You mean... I'm summoning a wolf?!?" -Me

"Yes, don't be too startled, they won't hurt you. Please, grab your totem from your backpack, press your hand on it, and it'll summon." -Lady

"Alright..." -Me

I take the totem out of my backpack, hesitating a little, I press my hand onto it. It summons a male adult wolf.

"Woah!" -Me

"Now please, say a name and stare at it, and that'll be his name forever. Once you say his name, he'll be there for you." -Lady

"Oh okay, well I'll have to think." -Me

I stare at the wolf and I think of a name.

"Aztec."

The wolf stares at me and jumps around excitedly.

"Now that you have your guardian, I'll be on my way." -Lady

The lady leaves.

This is such a weird experience. I just showed up, got a guardian and now I have a wolf?!? What kind of dream is this, I can feel his fur and everything! Maybe it really isn't a dream... wonder what'll happen next.

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!