Breeding

Back to Suggestions

Lune (#121)
Icon
Apprentice Keeper
September 23rd, 2016 4:59:25 PM
Could it be made more obvious that when breeding to someone else's pet, we don't receive both the offspring? I feel like the breeding page is a bit misleading in that it asks you who you want to receive the offspring but then one automatically goes to the other person... Maybe I missed somewhere this was indicated? And on the flip side, I'm not sure that I want to receive an offspring every time someone breeds with my pets, mainly because of space issues. I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way or it's just me.

I actually thought that we were only receiving one offspring in total from breedings and didn't realise most of mine had siblings... and some with much better/rarer markings than the offspring I received. We do pay for these breedings so that's a bit disappointing. The other user is already receiving the gold, as well as possibly the rarer offspring.

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
Terris has destroyed this site again. It's not worth your time anymore.
September 23rd, 2016 5:23:26 PM
@Lune Are your breedings resulting in twins or triplets?

Lune (#121)
Icon
Apprentice Keeper
September 23rd, 2016 5:33:35 PM
@Owl Twins, I guess? It just says "Siblings" on the lineage page.

Actually, are these just other pets who are connected to one of the parents? Maybe I'm just very confused by the lineage page?? Now I'm unsure. In my head, siblings would be offspring who both have the same parents but maybe I'm wrong and that's what's confusing me.

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
September 23rd, 2016 5:35:04 PM
@Lune Siblings just means they share the same parents. It doesn't necessarily mean they're born at the same time. If they're twins/triplets you should get a "new baby" notification for each pet born. c:

Lune (#121)
Icon
Apprentice Keeper
September 23rd, 2016 5:40:58 PM
@Owl the reason this is confusing is because siblings doesn't mean they share the same 2 parents. I hadn't gotten a notification of this person wanting to breed with my pet which is why I assumed they had received the pet when I bred- siblings seems to apply even for pets that only share one parent in common. I just double checked and the two pets I was referring to only share the father in common. ^^'

(Not sure if that list of siblings could potentially get super long if one pet tends to breed/have breedings requested a lot)

This post was edited September 23rd, 2016 5:42:05 PM

Evander (#37)
Icon
Senior Adventurer
September 23rd, 2016 5:58:27 PM
@Lune Whoops! Thanks for catching me on that! Maybe you could submit a ticket in the modbox to see what happened with that breeding?

Lune (#121)
Icon
Apprentice Keeper
September 23rd, 2016 6:01:25 PM
@Owl It's not an error, I think it's just a super confusing way of having it set up & I jumped to conclusions about what 'sibling' meant & assumed the two pets were from the same breeding pair and therefore the same (one) breeding I had done. x)

Vixen (#57)
Icon
Master Merchant
September 23rd, 2016 6:21:52 PM
Yes I'm now quite confused by this set up as well! It seems as if "siblings" is actually half siblings. This could definitely get long and confusing considering this is a breeding site XD It would almost be nicer if siblings were done away with entirely?

Dog (#196)
Icon
Practitioner Adventurer
September 23rd, 2016 6:28:33 PM
I like siblings, but full siblings only makes more sense to me!

Lune (#121)
Icon
Apprentice Keeper
September 23rd, 2016 6:30:18 PM
@Vixen either that or make it so it's just full siblings? I mean it could still get long but I don't think it would be anywhere near as long as the siblings list for all half-siblings hahaha

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!