The Pokémon Thread

Viewing thread in Other Media

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
Total Posts: 446

All images in original post are from Bulbapedia.

Welcome one and two and three and all to the Pokémon thread! 
Whether you're a strict fan of the original 151 or you enjoy all 807+ of them,
share your poké-fun with fellow fans!

Introduce yourself! Tell us when you started being a Pokémon fan, which aspects of Pokémon you like,
your favorite pokémon, anything you'd like! :D

Talk about anything Pokémon you want! Anime, trading, wonder trading,
game/anime music, gym leaders, types of trainers, first generation games/pokémon,
other generation games/pokémon, the newest generation (Sun/Moon), [eta] The PokeNovi Thread...

Everything's fair game!

Just keep things Terms and Conditions friendly and we're good!

This post was edited at June 26, 2018 23:47

2 years ago on September 13, 2016 04:20

runeowl (#2)
Icon
Scholar Scribe
Co-Founder
Total Posts: 399
New favorite off-topic thread.

Oh man where do I even start. Sun or Moon? I haven't decided which to get yet! I have been checking my phone embarrassingly often to see if I've gotten the new Pokemon GO "Buddy" update... and as for which buddy I'll choose, hmm...

?

2 years ago on September 13, 2016 04:41

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
Hello there! I'm Owl and I've been into Pokémon ever since elementary school when I got my first TCG card: a Weedle. I've played at least one game within every Pokémon generation. My favorite is probably X (I love the customisation, the graphics, the plot...), but I'm looking forward to Sun/Moon as well. Team Rowlet ftw! ;D I'm getting both games too. Moon will be my Rowlet game and Sun will probably be my Litten game.

The games are my favorite part, along with Pokémon GO. I'm currently playing Blue (digitally remastered version), Pearl, and GO. I'm trying to get past generation pokémon to trade forward so I can get a national pokédex filled. I've never achieved a full pokédex before, but I've started to become more serious about pokémon in general with the pokédex, EVs, IVs, and shinies. I'm still not going to play competitively though.

I suck at favorites, but according to this "quiz" thing I took, my top favorite pokémon include Greninja, Arcanine, Leafeon, Chandelure, Umbreon, Xerneas, and Marowak as my top 7. Zekrom, Pineco, Ampharos, Gengar, Nidoqueen, Murkrow, Altaria, Meloetta, and Mismagius are also in there. I stopped at 37 favorites. Fun fact: I don't own a Meloetta and can't wait for December when I can hopefully get one for the first time!

** If you didn't already know, you can get a mythical pokémon each month this year as part of the 20th anniversary celebration. A lot you can get just from downloading a mystery gift (via internet) into your X/Y or OR/AS game. If you google it, you can find a list of what they're giving out and how!

2 years ago on September 13, 2016 04:45

Miranda (#1)
Icon
Scholar Artisan
Co-Founder
Total Posts: 250
But like, can we talk about exeggutor?

?

?
2 years ago on September 14, 2016 03:51

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
Oh no! XD Poor Charizard. Only a dragon in Mega form. :c

Someone had to have been trolling when they submitted the new design for Exeggutor. There's no logical explanation otherwise. (But then these are the same people who turned ice cream cones into pokémon, so...)

2 years ago on September 14, 2016 04:44

runeowl (#2)
Icon
Scholar Scribe
Co-Founder
Total Posts: 399
those pictures... I'm c r y i n g  XD

2 years ago on September 14, 2016 06:19

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
Has anyone updated Go and used the buddy system? Who did you pick as your buddy? Have you gotten anything out of it yet?

2 years ago on September 15, 2016 02:46

Shex (#26)
Icon
Scholar Adventurer
Artist
Total Posts: 14
I haven't touched pokemongo for 3 weeks now, I'll get back when they introduce a big update ^^

2 years ago on September 15, 2016 02:53

Owl (#37)
Icon
Practitioner Scribe
Retired Moderator
@Shex Is the new buddy system not a big update? I thought it was a solidly big new thing. Maybe I'm too easily excited by these things though. XD

2 years ago on September 15, 2016 02:56

Shex (#26)
Icon
Scholar Adventurer
Artist
Total Posts: 14
Yeah, but what does it do? I thought it was just a cosmetic update with no real function

2 years ago on September 15, 2016 02:58

You must be logged in to reply! Login or Register now!