The Fox Guardian's time to shine is upon us!
It is that time again, time for the wise and ever slightly curious Fox Guardian to remind us to visit him out in the Desert, and celebrate the best time to be in a barren wasteland of sand and sun!
June Contest Winners
The June Contest winners are in, and they are:
- DancingFlames (#4739) won the Avatar Fashion Contest, having the most casual summer attire ever!
- Pet (#602) won the pet apparel contest by looking very comfortable at the beach.
- Antimoany (#3821) won the skin contest with a Fox that could hide almost anywhere there were cacti!
We will be getting your rewards out to everyone shortly! Congratulations!
Festival Stall Updated!
The Festival Stall has been updated with the necessary goodies like the Mythic Fox Totem, and some wonderful Avatar apparel in the form of Tails.
Crates and Bags of Gold!
Do you like to open goodies? We do!
One thing that was recently requested, and that we were totally on board with was more Crates. People like opening stuff, we like opening stuff, and we hope you like opening stuff. So consider this news post one big opening of stuff - new shiny site stuff!
- Cache of Items will now drop only 4 resource items, this is to further tweak the balancing of the game.
- Bag of Coins will now be rewarded with quests and offerings to Guardians, these bags contain a good bit of Gold that you can tuck away for a rainy day.
- The Crystal Shop now contains 3 chests filled with random types of goodies: Chest of Food, Chest of Resources, and Chest of Apparel. These Chests cost Crystals, but are affordable and a good way to find rare apparel, food, or stock up on resources when you just want walk in the Jungle anymore (or you are just tired of all the vines...)
It's all for a more efficient world, right?
Exploring has been updated to be a little more aware of what is common and rare to find when exploring. For the majority, it will seem little different, for some of you keeping track you will notice that Item Drops, Minipets, Gold, and Encounters appear a less frequently. Also, you will notice you will discover more common items and rare items will be much more well - rare.
Waste not, want not - Shop Update
To further balance things out, the shops are now being a little more reserved in their stocking of their shelves. Items will not accrue over the course of the day (who needs 100 Twine anyway), and will not stock above a certain threshold.
These changes will make questing potentially harder if shops sell out. Although this is true, enterprising users can sell excess items in their User Shops to fill the gaps, and earn gold while at it.
Some UI / Some Premium Features
Starting today (well, yesterday), users can now opt to sign up as a Subscriber. A Subscriber unlocks additional features for your account for a monthly fee. This will replace Patreon moving forward, and is completely integrated into the site.
Why should you consider becoming a Subscriber?
Subscribers help provide a stable income from the site, allowing the team to push the development of the game even further. We have big plans, and being able to spend more time on those plans means they come out faster. By becoming a Subscriber, you are helping us to be able to do more, quicker, and better.
I am looking to hire a part-time to full-time artist for the game. If you are interested, please reach out to me in our Discord chat.
Some UI changes
- As some of you may have noticed already, some pages on the site have changed, first you will notice sections appear well, more sectioned off, and the Bank got a refresh of it's functionality and pages. These are a first step towards a generally improved gameplay.
- Another thing that has changed as the forum settings, profile settings, and user settings have been combined together in Account Settings. This makes finding all settings for your account easier to find and cleans up our navigation bar.
- Also, when exploring you will notice less chances of seeing the same event twice. This is to make exploring a little more easier to track.
Congratulations to May's Winner
The results are in on May's Skin and Avatar Contests!
May's Winner is PrismFire who submitted a wonderful Sabertooth Lion! Thanks for everyone who participated!
The three prizes go to shilgiia for first, Petraea for second, and CopperStar for third place. Feel the ocean love, and thanks for everyone who participated!
I will be working on getting all the rewards out over the next few days for the winners. Be sure to check in with June's Contests for your chance to win!
An easier way to participate in community contests!
Before we get to the new features, let us show you some premium beach equipment for your Lions, Otters, and Foxes. Introducing the must-have Blue Beach Towel and Toy Beachball!
These are premium crystal items that stock rarely in Heads to Tails, so head over and purchase yours today and rep your pet's best beach bod!
New Feature: Community Contests
Up to now community contests have been done through from the forums, which has worked well, but could have been improved. So we now have a new contest system in place to make participating in these easer. You can find a list of the new (and a link to previous ones) on the Contests Page.
Old contests will not migrated, so it they will appear moving forward in the new system. This isn't designed to hinder posting in the forums, so feel free to chat and wonder, or toss ideas there as always. The idea behind this system is to allow myself and our wonderful moderator Petraea choose winners and manage them easier.
New apparel to make sure you rock the sunny weather!
Just in time for summer, we have some wonderful new swimsuit attire for all of you. These are available in the Magnifique Boutique? for sale.
These are so fabulous, that we had the designer also prepare some goodies for pets, but ssshhh.
Look classy at any time of the year!
In our first real content update in a long time, we have some classy new items to get dressed up in.
You can find the Blue Dress, Blue Shoes, Red Dress, Red Shoes, as well as the Black Suit Shirt and Black Suit Pants in the Magnifique Boutique now. While there and if you have the Crystals available, you can purchase a premium Red Polka Dot Dress as well.
Go make your golds by playing the lottery!
As a fun new feature, we are introducing a new stall in the shop, managed by a friendly guard, Kandis!
Kandis will be selling Lottery tickets for 500 gold each daily. The purchase goes into a pot which is given to one lucky member. Are you lucky?
Good luck everyone!
Layout update, allowing for the future
As you all have noticed, a new layer of fresh paint has been rolled out. This design update is designed to clean up navigation (now seen on the left side of the page. Use less screen for things that aren't as important. You will also notice the purple bar at the top of the page now shows your active pet, how many steps you have to explore, and a link to your adventure log. This gives you access to quickly get around to pages that you will interact with often.
Along with the update, is that now the monthly celebrations are much more visible, as this month is all about the Ocean, the theme reflects that. What will next month bring? Hmmm.
This is the only the beginning, we are still working on some more changes in the next few weeks to continue to streamline and make this new layout rock even more. So stay tuned!